Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to school. . .

I know the new year is supposed to start on January 1st but being a part of a large family, and a large family of teachers, the new year always starts on the first day of school.  As always, I am looking forward to the new year, a fresh start, clean classroom, mostly smiling faces.  This year will be a bit different though because this year I am working half time.  I made a difficult decision a couple of years ago to leave my position as an elementary school principal and go back to the classroom.  The main impetus for this move was to make more time for fun in my life.  More time to pursue my creative side and to slow life down a little.  I love being back in the classroom.  But as the year went on last school year I still felt like work ruled too much of my life. I am now working half time at school and half time at home.  My new hobby/business is statue-making and I am absolutely loving the freedom I have to create, contemplate, vegetate and just plain daydream.  I know this is putting a stress on our finances and our plans to retire but I will have to live with those choices and feel so glad that I have a husband that supports my every move and trust me, there are many of them!  On to a new adventure!  Stay tuned. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment