Friday, March 10, 2023

Blue days . . . 

Every once in a while, for no apparent reason, the blues descend upon me.  That's what's happening today.  I know that Covid is wearing people down and I suppose some of my lethargy is coming from months and months of social isolation.  I also struggle during these rainy, grey days.  Thankfully, we have had more sunshine than normal for this time of year.

I had a restless night.  I don't remember my dreams from last night but I remember there were many and that I had to wake myself up to stop the feeling of urgency bordering on panic.  Those kinds of dreams always leave me with a bit of a dull headache and that's not a nice way to start the day.

One of the pleasures of being retired is being able to have a leisurely start to my day.  I often get up and putter around the house tidying etc and then settle in to catch up with the day's happenings..  I used to love reading the morning paper, it always felt like such a quiet way to step into the day.  I could skim over the negative headlines and settle into the stories that really interested me.  News comes to us in so many other ways these days.  I have to admit, I most often try NOT to watch the news these days.  For one thing, all of the boxes on the screen are SO distracting - there is SO much going on that I find it hard to focus and mostly, the news isn't good news so no morning news for me.


The clouds are breaking a little so perhaps it's time to get on my bike so I can turn my attention to my sore butt and burning legs.  A little distraction is what I need. So glad to live in a country where my choices are many, a thought that comes to me often during these days of isolation and fear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment